Vennstance understands that the privacy of your personal data is important to you and is therefore committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation (defined below), the data controller is Meet Your Ltd, Company Registration Number 10535686 with registered address: 118 Pall Mall, London, England, SW1Y 5EA hereinafter referred to as "Vennstance", "we", "us", or "our").
“Applicable Laws” means the law of the European Union, the law of any member state of the European Union and/or UK Data Protection Legislation;
"Ask a Venue Expert Service" means services offered to Members by Vennstance staff in order to facilitate the booking of a Space whether that booking is made via the Site or not including but not limited to suggestions and introductions to venues and suppliers.
"Bespoke Package" means any Booking that includes Additional Services or Host Services.
"Bespoke Package Booking" means a Booking that is made via the Site and/or Services using a Bespoke Package.
"Booking" means the agreement between a Host and a Guest made via the Site and/or Services for the hire of a Space and any associated Host Services and/or Additional Services for the Hire Period.
"Bookings" means the combination of more than one Booking and/or one Bespoke Package Booking.
"Booking Dashboard" Vennstance's proprietary software made available to Vennstance Customers only, allowing Vennstance Customers to view and access data about all Bookings made through their Vennstance Account.
"Booking Request" means an offer by a Guest to rent a Space or Venue and/or Additional Services or Host Services submitted via the Site.
"Content" means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information or other materials.
"Data Protection Legislation" the UK Data Protection Legislation and (for so long as and to the extent that the law of the European Union has legal effect in the UK) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any other directly applicable European Union regulation relating to privacy.
"Guest" means a Member who requests to book a Host Space and/or Additional Services via the Site or Services.
"Host" means a Member who creates a Listing via the Site and Services.
"Host Services" means any related services including catering, design, delivery or other services which the Host agrees to provide to a Guest during the Hire Period.
"Host Special Promotion" means an offer from a Host for a special price or discount on a product or service or event which is promoted to the Member via the Site or Services.
"Listing" means a Space that is listed by a Host as available for rental via the Site and/or Services.
"Member" means an individual or an organisation who completes Vennstance's account registration process and has agreed to be bound by these Terms and Policies.
"Member Content" means all Content that a Member posts, uploads, publishes, submits or transmits to be made available through the Site or Services.
“Messaging Function” means the ability for a Guest to initiate, interact and communicate with a Host via email on Vennstance’s Site and vice versa.
"UK Data Protection Legislation" any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 2018 or any successor legislation.
"Vennstance Account" means an account created on the Site that is required in order to become a Member and book a Space or create a Listing.
"Vennstance Business Account" an account linked to a Member's organisation permitting that Member’s Authorised Users to access and book on the same account, subject to the Vennstance Business Terms and Conditions found in Part C, and which gives access to Vennstance's proprietary Booking Dashboard.
"Vennstance Business Booking" means a booking or Bespoke Package Booking whereby the Guest making the Booking is a Vennstance Business Customer.
"Vennstance Business Customer" a Member who has been invited to create a Vennstance Business Account including their Authorised Users.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
(i) The right to be informed about the Vennstance’s collection and use of your personal data;
(ii) The right of access to the personal data Vennstance holds about you;
(iii) The right to correct any personal data which is inaccurate or incomplete;
(iv) The right to request Vennstance to delete any personal data Vennstance has about you;
(v) The right to data portability, you have the right to request that any information you supply to Vennstance is provided in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
(vi) The right to automated decision making and profiling; you have the right not to be a subject to a decision based solely on automated processing;
(vii) The right to restrict your personal data being processed or shared with third parties; and
(viii) The right to object to using your personal data for any particular purposes, which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which the information was collected.
If you have any cause for complaint about Vennstance’s use of your personal data, please contact Vennstance using the details provided below and we will endeavour to solve the problem for you. For further information about your rights, please contact the Data Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau in the United Kingdom.
1. Information We May Collect From You
Depending on your use of our Site and the Services Vennstance offers, we may collect the following types information while using the Vennstance Site:
(i) Information You Provide to Us
While making use of our Site, you may provide us with information in the following manner:
· Vennstance Account or Vennstance Business Account Information (Collectively, Vennstance Account Information): When you sign up to create a Vennstance Account or a Vennstance Business Account, we will be required to collect certain information. This includes your first and last name, email address and password. This information is collected so as to provide you with access to our Site and Services, keep our user records updated and to provide you with the ability to communicate with other users of the Site, whether you are acting as a Guest, or as a Host within our Site. Your Vennstance Account information will also be used as a means to facilitate our chat system so that you are able to interact with other Members when making a Booking or a Booking Request. Your Vennstance Account Information will also be publicly visible to other Members of our Site so that they may (a) communicate with you; (b) create a Listing if you are acting as Host; and (c) making a Booking Request, a Booking or a Vennstance Business Booking.
· Banking Details: we use Stripe for the facilitation of payments for making a Booking Request for a Booking or a Vennstance Business Booking via our Site and Services. We do not access, store, or collect any payment card or bank account information. The collection, use, and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies of Stripe. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements of Stripe https://stripe.com/gb/privacy . Please also note that as per Stripe’s payment policy, upon making a bank account payment on our Site, Stripe shall request you to upload identity verification documentation such as a copy of your identity card or passport so as to verify the identity of the person making a payment.
· Member Content: Some of the features of our Site and Services allow you to interact with other Members and/or post, share, communicate or otherwise transmit Member Content publicly, which may collect information about you. We may collect and store such Member Content; and may be publicly available or viewable by other users. Please read our Terms and Conditions which provides additional details on your Member Content.
· Booking Request Information: When you make a Booking Request for either a Booking or Vennstance Business Booking, we will collect your banking details, first name, last name, email address, telephone and/or other contact information and home address. We collect this information as a means to facilitate our Site and Services, find Spaces for making a Booking or a Vennstance Business Booking that you are interested in making a Booking Request and facilitating your Listing on our Site. We also use this information for facilitating our Messaging Function between a Guest and a Host when making a Booking Request, facilitate payments and understanding our Site and Services’ User needs/wants to improve our Site and Services. Please note that we do not retain control on how other Users may treat such Information on our App; and we are therefore not liable should any of the Booking Request Information or Vennstance Account Information is misused by any Member whatsoever. If you would like to see what information is held by us and/or request us to delete your information, please see the procedure that you should undertake below.
· Communications with Vennstance: When you communicate with Vennstance or use Vennstance’s support services and/or Messaging Function, we may collect information about your communication and any other information you choose to provide us. We collect this information as a means to enhance our Site and Services and provide you proper support when communicating with us about a query.
· Communications with other Members: When you communicate with other Members via our Messaging Function, we may collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide. We collect this information as a means to provide our Messaging Function service to you to communicate with other Users effectively.
· Email Address Contact Information. You may choose to enter email addresses of your contacts to access certain features of the Vennstance Site, for example, inviting other users to use Vennstance. In this instance we may collect such information to facilitate your access to such features.
· Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Account, respond to surveys, post Member Content, participate in promotions, or use other features of Vennstance, such as when you create a Listing. Unless we collect other information, we will collect your Vennstance Account Information for advancing these Services. We will let you know whether we will require to collect additional information to facilitate these features, and we will obtain your consent prior to collecting any additional information other than the information already collected from your Vennstance Account Information.
(ii) Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of Vennstance
When you use the Vennstance Site, we may automatically collect the following information from you:
· Usage Information. We may collect information about your interactions with Vennstance. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop the Vennstance Site and/or Services and to create a safer, trusted environment when you use our App.
· Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use Vennstance, even if you have not created a Vennstance Account to log in. That information includes, without limitation: details about how you have used Vennstance (including links to third party applications), IP address, Virtual Machine Information, access times, the page or pages you have viewed or engaged with before or after using Vennstance, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types, usage statistics about your interaction with the Site and the Services, including Spaces and/or Listings accessed, time spent on pages on the Site and use of Services, pages visited, search queries, click data, portions of the Site and Services used, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the Site and Services.
(iii) Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect or receive information that third-party Services or Service Providers may provide about you when using our Site and Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site and Services. The following information is collected and/or obtained from third parties:
· Analytics: We use certain analytical tools, including but not limited to Amazon Web Services, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixels and Hotjar on our Site so as to help us analyse how users use our Site and Services by noting: when you arrive on our Site and Services, how often you use our Site and Services, the events that occur within our Site and Services, to understand how you use our Site, to identify and test your usage of our Sites functions, and to further analyse usage data, performance data, to statistically analyse user behaviour and activity, and to obtain feedback from you on your usage of our Site and the Services we provide. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by the applicable analytical tool we are using. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop the Vennstance Site and Services offered, to create a safer and trusted environment when you use our Site and Services, and to improve our advertising and marketing initiatives / campaigns.
· Databases: We use Amazon Web Services as a means of facilitating and hosting our Site and Services functioning; store your Vennstance Account Information, facilitate our Messaging Function and our Booking System and Platform Services. Amazon Web Services may collect all information you provide us with and information we automatically collect as a means of facilitating our Site and Services. The information disclosed is collected and disclosed directly only to us for the better facilitation of our Site and Services. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop the Vennstance Site and services, and to create a safer, trusted environment when you use our Site and Services.
· Online Advertising: We may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of advertising about our Site and Services to other services you visit and other applications you use. Such technology ads are varied by the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, member content, and other information we collect from you, or being based on your current activity by using Vennstance. These third parties may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of Vennstance. We may also share with third-party advertisers a hashed version of your email address that is anonymised and cannot be used to identify you, solely in non-human readable form and content that you share publicly when using Vennstance (e.g, user-generated content) for the purposes of delivering tailored advertising.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
In addition to the purposes stated above, we use, store, and process information we collect to provide, understand, improve, and develop Vennstances’ Site and the Services we offer so as to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment for our Users. We use, store and process all information we collect for the following purposes:
(i) To Provide, Improve, and Develop our Site and Services
· To enable you to access and use Vennstance and communicate with other Members and/or users.
· To operate, protect, improve and optimize your Vennstance experience, such as performing analytics and conducting research.
· To send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
· To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about.
· To notify you about changes to our Site;
· To ensure that content from Vennstance is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device.
· To administer the Site and Services for our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
· To improve the Site and Sevices so as to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Vennstance SIte, when you choose to do so.
· As part of our efforts to keep the Vennstance Site safe and secure.
· To detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, threats, security incidents, and other harmful activities.
· To conduct investigations and risk assessments.
· To verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
· To conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
· To comply with our legal obligations.
(iii) To Improve our Advertising and Marketing Campaigns
· To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns we provide to you, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
· To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other Members of Vennstance about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing.
(iv) To Facilitate, Improve and Provide Effective Communication
· To ensure that we provide you with the best customer service experience, and to facilitate your requests for the Services we offer.
· To communicate with you about the Services you have shown an interest in.
· To follow up on messages and/or emails initiated by you to the venue Host using the Vennstance Messaging Function, as pertains to a request for a visit, request for a package and/or other Services we provide on our Site.
· To respond to your enquiries and send you administrative communications.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
With your consent, we may share your personal information to the following parties:
· Members: When you interact with other Members on our Site and Services, such as for making a Booking Request or facilitate a Booking or Vennstance Business Booking, we will share your Vennstance Account Information and any Member Content you posted as a means to facilitate such a feature.
· Third Party Service Providers, Contractors or Agents: We may share your information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf. Such services include our Site and Services’ development, administration and maintenance, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), e-mail and hosting services, and customer services and support. These third-party service providers may access any information we collect from you or automatically collected via our Site and Services or from any third-parties, and are required to use it solely as directed by us for the purposes outlined above. We may further use these third-party services to verify or authenticate your identification; check information against public databases; assist us with background checks, fraud prevention, risk assessment; and to provide professional customer service.
· Analytics and/or other similar technologies services: As discussed above, we use third-party analytics and other similar technologies to help us understand your usage of Vennstances’ Site and to improve our Site and Services. We may provide any information that you provide us with to such third-party analytics and data enrichment service providers so as to match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, Vennstance URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with you in a more effective and customised manner.
Provided that we first obtain your consent, we may share information with other third parties for the following reasons:
· Aggregate or De-identified Information: We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information to provide, improve, and develop our Site and Services and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment..
· Promotions: We may share your information in connection with any promotion you enter on or through the Vennstance Site, such as a Host special promotion, to administer, market, sponsor, or fulfill such promotion or as is required by applicable laws, rules or regulations or in accordance with the applicable rules of the promotion. We may share your information with a third party assisting us in administering the promotion, provided that you first agree to the sharing of such information. We will let you know exactly what information is to be collected prior to us sharing such information, and we will not share your information without first obtaining your consent.
· Advertising of Third Party Products/Services: We may use and share with third party advertisers (and other third parties) certain Information your provide us or information that we may automatically collect from you or Information collected from third parties to show general demographic and preference information among our Members and improve our advertising. The information collected may be used to offer you targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize your User experience by increasing the likelihood that advertisements for products and services you see will appeal to you. We will let you know exactly what information is to be collected prior to us sharing such information, and we will not share your information without first obtaining your consent.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law when we make the Vennstance Site and Services available for use. We will share information with government agencies as required by law or as instructed by the relevant enforcement authorities of the United Kingdom. We may further disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials if, in our sole discretion, believe it necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of providing such information for matters including, but not limited to:
· to protect Vennstance Ltd’s Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
· to secure our associate third parties’ Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
· to protect the safety of the public or any person; or
· to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
4. Your Rights To Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. It is our legal obligation to inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes; and as such, we will first obtain your consent prior to engaging in any such activity. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at info@Vennstance.com or by opting-out of the process when we are going to request the sharing of your information for such purposes.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of Vennstance. This includes administrative and service announcements sent via email or push notifications.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting us requesting such changes. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, you will have access to this and to change information from within Vennstance Manage Account options. All changes and requests will be effective immediately or within thirty (30) days of initiating the request. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated or permanently deleted. You are entitled to request to see and challenge information third parties provide to us as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts. Requests in this section should be addressed to info@Vennstance.com
You may access copies of your personal information held by us by sending us an email to info@Vennstance.com to access a copy of your personal information held by us. We may request proof of identification to verify your access request. If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, let us know and we will update the relevant information that you are unable to update from your setting options. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Legislation.
5. Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Vennstance Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information as provided by you and as transmitted to Vennstance, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow data gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
7. Closing Your Account
If your account is deactivated or you choose to deactivate your account under Vennstances’ Manage Account, you will no longer be able to use the Services. To cancel your Vennstance Account, login into Vennstance profile to cancel account under settings. Please note that once an account is cancelled it cannot be recovered and may result in deactivation of your profile account.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. Please note that information that you have shared with others or collected may continue to be publicly visible on Vennstance in association with your first name, even after your Vennstance Account is cancelled. As such, certain information will actively continue to appear on Vennstance even if you close your Account. In addition, your Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes, unless you request us to delete it. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases, but we will ensure to make our best efforts to do so. In addition, we will typically not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Vennstance Site. Neither you nor Vennstance can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Vennstance Site.
8. Links To other Sites and Services
Vennstance may, from time to time, contain links to and from other partner networks, advertisers and/or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these links, please note that these providers have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these other services.
9. Security And Retention
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorised access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information. In case of security failure either of the Vennstance Site or any of our servers, we will inform you of such failure within seventy-two (72) hours.
We will retain your Information for as long as your account with Vennstance is active. Please note that we will retain your information even if your account is either terminated or inactive to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to facilitate our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention functions. We will also retain your Information to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain your information for our contractual commitments. Where we retain any form of data collected from you, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by all applicable laws.
11. Contact Details
Effective Date: 12th August 2019